Jamz In Da House 2013



It's December 2013, I have somewhat settled into my new Job at a strange Nissan Dealership in the dodgy part of Germiston. Probably the crappiest job of my life. But at least the music was good! And the gigs were also very good at the time.

This period of music and people gave birth to my most favorite mix series so far, Jamz in da House. I managed to cram 25 club bangers into a CD. A CD that I would burn about a 100 times over and use for promotion purposes. But before that, i just burnt about 20 CDs and handed them out to all the peeps at work and I actually ran out. I needed to make more because they were so high in demand then.

Back then I was a resident DJ at Cappello Boksburg. I also played at Newscafe Bedfordview. The music on here is the same tunes that I used to play out at these clubs. 

I actually gave this CD to a crazy drunk guy who dissed me at the club. He was really rude and full of shit. But I gave him my CD to shut him up. A few weeks later I see him again and he comes over and hugs me. He totally loved the mix. He and his fiance insisted that I play at their wedding. I eventually did!! and it was totally amazing. One of my best gigs.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram for Updates on Music and Tech. I also run a review website called 2 Minute Reviews. Go an check it out and let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment